Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pear Study With Pastel

"Pear", 6 1/4" x 10 1/2", Sanded paper
After I finished painting the jar, I decided to do a quick study with my pastels of this pear sitting on a old, wooden box. I used mostly Sennelier, Windsor & Newton and Unison pastels for this as well as a sanded paper from Uart that I had never tried before. I wasn't happy with this particular grit of sanded paper because I wasn't able to build up many layers of pastel. In the future, I'll probably return to my La Carte sanded paper or my own surface that I've prepared with pumice.

3 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Jean!... Found your lovely site thru' Todd Bonita's! I love the painterly quality of both your oils and pastels-simply beautiful!

I'm a Follower for sure now!

Good Painting!
Regards,
Bruce Sherman

Jean Victory said...

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for taking the time to look at my work and for commenting, I really appreciate it. I hope you'll take a peek in the future.

Microjohsom said...

Thank you for the bloger that I do learn something from it. Wedding day is readlly a very important day in our life, so we should charish it and wear the most exclusive bridal jewelry set, having beautiful jewelry accessories to decorate the hair, also wearing nice pearl drop earrings and pearl bracelet.