Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm still at it!

"Cherries", 6" x 6", Oil on Canvas
I hope everyone likes this one even though it's kind of simple. I've also been busy working on a small landscape; however, it may end up in the garbage...I'm not crazy about it! I've also been preparing my own pastel paper with Reaves BFK and a pumice ground...I'd like to keep up my pastel work. I would like to take the time to thank all of the visitors and other artists who have left comments here on my blog. You've all been so supportive of me and my work. I would like to say that oil painting has been a wonderful experience; however, I have arthritis and I'm having a difficult time gripping paint brushes. Some of them feel so long and heavy. Does anyone out there know of a brand of paint brushes that are more lightweight/shorter? I plan on continuing with oils but the pain and stiffness is slowing me down. I've found over the past few years that some of the best advice I've received has come from other artists.

No comments: