Monday, September 17, 2007

Two Months Painting With Oils

"Three Amigos", 5" x 7", Oil on Board

I just started painting with oils about two months ago and the paintings that I will be listing are some of my first in oil. The strong sunlight of a window was really my source of inspiration for "Three Amigos" and the title just seemed to fit! Eventually, when I learn how to create a blog a little better, I will be creating a painting a day or nearly every day. I will be creating most work on a small format anywhere from 6" x 6" to 6" x 8". I may on occasion post images of larger works. I may even throw in some of my Maine pastel landscapes. As I am so new to oils, I welcome all feedback!

2 comments:

Michael Naples said...

Jean, This painting is great. Love the lighting and the title. Keep with this blog I will check back often.

Unknown said...

Hi Jean,
I really like your art! I look forward to seeing more :)
Christeen